I’ve been wanting to put out more manga reviews, but there are so many different series out there that I’m having trouble deciding what should take priority. At present, there are at least ten different series I WANT to start, and there are still others I’ve been hearing about and getting interested in. So I thought I should get some insight from everyone else on what they’d most like to see reviewed.
The stuff I’d like to discuss the most are series that feel different from almost everything else. The kind of manga that feels above the usual genre conventions in some way. I’ll also review quite a few works that received anime adaptations, so if the ending to something left you confused, I can look into that sort of series.
There are also, of course, quite a few things I won’t review for various reasons. I thought it would be best to categorize those accordingly:
- Any direct adaptation of an anime or video game (not including spinoffs)
- Anything more than 400 chapters (I may still do One Piece someday, but not from requests)
- Any ongoing manga less than 20 chapters
- Anything too gory or oversexualized to show to most audiences (Deadman Wonderland and Kenichi are about as far as I’ll go for each)
- Anything that is generally considered terrible
- Black Bird, Hot Gimmick, Absolute Boyfriend, or anything in that genre
- Prince of Tennis (too biased, exposed to too many negative comments)
- Magical Record Lyrical Nanoha Force (any review would be one long stream of hateful insults)
- Air Gear (bought two volumes and really wish I hadn’t)
- Berserk (tried to read it, but was unable to)
- .hack//Legend of the Twilight (read at too young an age to be able to analyse it properly)
Other than that, I’m interested in most genres, so leave a comment if there’s something you’d like to see discussed.