Ace Railgun’s 50 Questions
Something I saw over at Ace’s blog just the other day was a list of fifty questions about himself. I’d seen something like this done on Youtube once, so it got me interested in doing something like this myself. After also seeing it on Marth’s blog, I officially decided that I should follow suit. These mostly relate to my anime habits with some focus on more personal things, but luckily it’s never TOO personal.
Questions About Anime
1. Who is your favorite male anime character?
L from Death Note.
2. Who is your favorite female character?
Osaka from Azumanga Daioh. These are both old responses, being two of my first real anime, but they easily stand the test of time.
3. What is your favorite anime soundtrack?
FLCL. I’m a fan of it, can you tell?
4. What is your favorite anime opening + animation?
The openings to Nichijou.
5. What is your favorite anime ending song + animation?
6. What is your favorite anime scene?
The end of the Enies Lobby arc from One Piece. To avoid spoilers, I’ll just call it “the boat scene”.
7. If you could meet an anime character who would it be?
Isaac and Miria from Baccano. Do I need to explain why?
8. What anime character is most similar to you in terms of personality?
Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh. Extremely quiet, tall, rather strong despite not really wanting to be, and loves cute things.
9. What is your favorite thing about anime?
Hard to say. I never really thought about it that much, but I guess the overall style.
10. What is your least favorite thing about anime?
The extreme fetishization.
11. Who are your favorite anime couple?
Lawrence and Holo from Spice and Wolf.
12. Who is your favorite anime animal?
Nyanko-sensei from Natsume Yuujinchou.
13. What anime would make a good game?
This may be an easy answer, but I’d like to see a The World God Only Knows dating sim.
14. What game would make a good anime?
I always wanted to see an anime of Warioware, oddly enough. If anything could be done in western, Animaniacs style, it’s that series.
15. What was the first anime you ever watched?
16. Do you think you’ll ever stop watching anime?
Somewhere down the line, probably, but I hope not.
17. What is your favorite genre of anime?
Honestly, I don’t know. I’m a big fan of martial arts series, though.
18. What is your least favorite genre of anime?
Anything with extreme gore or sadism.
19. Are you open about watching anime with people you know?
I’m okay with letting people know, but I don’t make a big thing of it.
20. Have you ever been to Japan?
No. Everyone assumes I want to go, but it wouldn’t be as fun if I don’t speak Japanese, and I suck at learning other languages. Besides, there’s so many places in North America left to visit.
21. What anime was the biggest let down for you?
22. What anime was better then expected?
I expected Squid Girl to suck massively. It didn’t.
23. What is the best anime fight scene?
The fight with Sabrac from Shana season 2. If we include manga, Toriko vs Tommyrod was absolutely brutal.
24. Who is your anime waifu?
I don’t have one, though I’ve fought over Chie Satonaka for fun.
25. What was your favorite video game as a child?
Dragon Warrior III for the GBC.
Questions About Me
26. Most Embarrassing moment?
My cousin was once there when I returned an anime DVD. It was the disc of Shakugan no Shana with the beach episode, and the cover has what looks to non-fans like two lolis on bathing suits. That was a fun car ride.
27. Can you drive?
No. I should really fix that.
28. Do you own a car?
28 (why are there two 28s?). Are you mature?
I think I am. Other people think I am. I’m probably not.
29. What year were you born?
30. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
31. Describe yourself physically.
6’1″, Caucasian. Not the best at describing myself like that.
32. What would you name your first child?
I always liked the name Maria.
33. What is the worst injury you have ever had?
Slipped in a shower and seriously screwed up my side.
34. What is your worse habit?
35. Do you drink or smoke?
I only drink occasionally, and never to the point of intoxication. I think the most beers I’ve had in one night is four.
36. Do you have a tattoo?
37. Are you a morning person or a night person?
38. Have you ever slept past midday?
Rarely. I also used to work nights, so I guess that counts too.
39. Do you regret anything?
All the time. If I didn’t get Ace’s permission, I’d be regretting this post a little.
40. Can you count the number of friends you have on one hand?
Yes, sadly. I’m good at meeting people, but not at getting close to them.
41. Do you wear glasses?
Since I was five.
42. Are you a picky eater?
43. Would you die for someone?
Not that I can see, but it depends on the context.
44. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The ability to manipulate space. Had that one picked out for a while.
45. Do you believe in the supernatural?
No, I consider myself a realist.
46. Would you rather be rich or famous?
I’d rather be rich and unknown than poor and famous, but if it isn’t that kind of either/or decision, then I’d say famous.
47. Have you ever committed a crime?
Pirates or ninjas? Time Traveler or ghost?
Time traveler, since that trumps pretty much everything.
49. Does someone have a crush on you?
I doubt it.
50. Are you in a relationship?
…are you coming on to me?